All admissions to Tibshelf Community School are processed through Derbyshire County Council.
Parents of Year 6 students will be contacted during early September, via their Junior School, on the process for secondary school applications. It is vital that parents adhere to the deadline date for completion of their application. If an application is submitted after this date, a place at Tibshelf Community School is not guaranteed, even if you live in the School’s ‘normal area’, and the applicant may need to go through the appeals process.
If you are moving into the area and would like to find out if your address is within our catchment, please click the link below and type in your postcode to find the 'normal area' school.
For students moving into the area, parents first need to contact the Admissions Office at Derbyshire County Council on 01629 537470, who will send out an application pack, or log onto the DCC website link for instructions on how to apply online.
Year 7 intake for September 2015
Where applications for admissions exceed the number of places available, the admissions criteria is applied.
Parents unable to obtain a place at the school will be advised of their right to appeal against the decision to a panel independent of the school and the Authority. Appeals can be made online. click here
If your child was born between 1 September 2003 and 31 August 2004 and is in their last year of primary school you should apply for their secondary school place (opens in a new window) by 31 October 2014. They will start school in September 2015.
You'll get your offer on 2 March 2015 and if you're unhappy with the decision you can make an appeal. You can do this online and more information can be found on the secondary appeals web page on the Derbyshire County Council website.
Our Admissions Criteria is set out below:
Oversubscription criteria for community and controlled schools
In all community and controlled schools individual pupils who have a statement which names the school will be admitted.
Standard oversubscription criteria
- Looked after children and children who were looked after but ceased to be because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
- Children living in the normal area served by the school at the time of application and admission who have brothers or sisters attending the school at the time of application and admission
- Children living in the normal area served by the school at the time of application and admission
- Children not living in the normal area served by the school but who have brothers or sisters attending the school at the time of application and admission
- In the case of voluntary controlled church schools, children whose parents request a place on religious grounds
- Other children whose parents have requested a place
When in the case of 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 above, choices have to be made between children satisfying the same criteria, those children living nearest to the school (measured by the nearest available route) will be given preference.