Design Technology provides students with an opportunity to design and make a wide range of different products. They solve problems, test their solutions and develop their drawing and practical skills. All students will work with a range of different materials to make their products.
Art & Design encourages students to explore, experiment and express themselves through engaging projects, using a variety of materials and techniques. Students discover the world of Art and Artists and the context in which they work.
Assessment Information - KS3
Students complete self and peer assessments on a regular basis throughout Design Technology and Art projects which also includes teacher feedback, the project as a whole is summative assessed at the end of each individual project and a target predicted grade is generated.
Assessment Information - KS4
Students in Design Technology and Art complete self and peer assessments on a regular basis throughout the two internally assessed projects which also includes teacher feedback with a summative assessment at the end where a predicted target grade is generated.
- KS3 Art Curriculum Intent
- Year 9 Art Curriculum Intent
- Year 9 Design Technology Curriculum Intent
- KS4 Art and Design Curriculum Intent
- Year 9 Construction Curriculum Intent
- Btech Construction Curriculum Intent
- KS3 Design and Food Technology Curriculum Intent
- Year 9 Food Curriculum Intent
- KS4 Design Technology Curriculum Intent
- KS4 Hospitality and Catering Curriculum Intent
- Y9 Enterprise Curriculum Intent
- KS4 Enterprise and Marketing Curriculum Intent
"Best subjects ever, I wish we could do it more often"